Embassy of Japan in Lithuania
On the occasion of the 25th Anniversary of the Establishment of New Diplomatic Relations between Japan and Lithuania, the Japan Training Squadron will visit Klaipeda Port at Pier 80 from 8 to 11 August 2016. It is for the first time that Lithuania receives the Japan Training Squadron. As a Commander of the Japan Training Squadron, Rear Admiral Hidetoshi IWASAKI leads the Training Squadron which organizes three ships “JS KASHIMA, TV 3508” (Captain Josuke Nakamura), “JS SETOYUKI, TV3518” (Commander Ken SAKAI), and “JS ASAGIRI, DD151” (Commander Hiroyuki TERAOKA), and about 750 personnel including 190 Junior Officers are on board.
The team of Training Squadron are going to do activities to develop exchanges with Lithuanian Army, government officials, people in Klaipeda municipality. The Commander, Captains, and Training Officers are also visiting Kaunas, Vilnius and Medininkai to deepen friendship with Lithuanian Army, State Border Guard Service, and citizens. By Courtesy of Lithuanian Army, 190 Training Officers are staying overnight at facilities of Military Academy in Vilnius to strengthen defence ties between Japan and Lithuania.
Japan Training Squadron and the Embassy of Japan in Lithuania would be pleased to invite all people in Lithuania to visit Klaipeda Port Pier 80 and join open ship event for public at JS SETOYUKI from 9am to 5pm on 9th August and at JS ASAGIRI from 9am to 4pm on 10th August. In addition, concert by Japanese Music Band & Japanese Drum Team will be held at Cathedral Square in Vilnius from 4pm to 5:30pm on 9th August. Please do not miss this valuable opportunities.
- Welcoming event at Pier 80
- Press conference by Lithuanian Navy Commander & Commander of Japan Training Squadron
- Speech by Japanese Ambassador Toyoei SHIGEEDA for junior officers
- Reception on board JS KASHIMA (Invitees only)
- Visit to Sugihara House at Kaunas
- Commander of Japan Training Squadron courtesy call on the Ministry of National Defence
- Commander of Japan Training Squadron delivering speech about international security
- Visit to Antakalnis Cemetery & Offering flowers
- Grand Duke Palace and Gediminas Castle
- Concert by Japanese Music Band & Japanese Drum Team at Cathedral Square
- Friendship activities between Japan and Lithuania at Military Academy
- At Klaipeda Port Pier 80:
Open ship for public at JS SETOYUKI
- Sports exchange between Japan and Lithuania at Military Academy
- Visit to Border Guard School, State Border Guard Service at Medininkai
- At Klaipeda Port Pier 80:
Open ship for public at JS ASAGIRI
For more information about other cultural events please contact the Embassy of Japan: tel. +370 5 231 04 65, email: email@example.com